Left Mouse button - use this to swap two pieces.
- 2 clicks - click on one piece, then click on an adjacent piece. The two will swap.
- click and drag - click and hold on one piece, then drag towards an adjacent piece. The two will swap.
If the swap leaves three or more pieces in a row of the same colour, they will disappear.
Wit is about making matches of three or more pieces. Special pieces are created by making larger matches and chain reactions, allowing you to clear rows or entire sets of one colour. Higher levels add more colours to increase the difficulty.
This minigame has two variations of play.
- Charm: Fill the empty completion bar. The task is finished when the completion bar is full.
- Distraction: Keep the completion bar from emptying. The completion bar starts full, but drains over time. Clearing the board adds to the completion bar. If the bar empties completely, the intervention may fail or additional enemies may attack.
- (Charm Only) Make a row of three or more pieces next to any ? block to crack it and again to collect it. The collected ? will add to your goal. Matching 3 or more ? pieces allows you to collect them all without first cracking them.
- Create a Super piece by matching 4 in a row. Super pieces are worth more when they are matched and cleared.
- Create a Hyper piece by matching 5 in a row. When you swap it with any coloured piece, all pieces on the board of that colour are cleared.
- Create an Explode piece by clearing two groups in different directions - in a "T" or "L" pattern. Explode pieces clear their entire row and column when they are matched!
The following gadget modifications are related to Wits or directly provide bonuses during Wits.